Gorgeous yellow flower!

Gorgeous yellow flower!
Picture taken by Bubbly :)

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Tragedy of the Busy Life

I am always perplexed by the ability to maintain a busy life without degrading one's health. For me, this is a task similar to climbing mount everest. My parents and grandparents are constantly nagging on me to "slow down"! How can one slow down when there are so many priorities? Am I to suddenly stop going to church? Or one day decide I don't need to do my homework? What about the other extra cirricular activites or work? I feel like I am not only juggling ten different things, but also in a time crunch! In reality, I can barely juggle two balls let alone with a time constraint. It seems as if my world crashes in every time I attempt this feat and I am left with only one choice: to stay at home, sick. This might not be as serious or dramatic as you would think, but for me it is nearly equivalent to failing a test (slightly exaggerated). To count the number of "failed tests" (aka being sick) would be practically impossible considering it is increasing at an exponential rate (okay, so I exaggerated again)! It is similar to a domino effect. The more I add to my life, the more stressed I get. The more I stress, the more "rundown" I get. On top of it, I barely sleep because I stay up late doing homework. All of this added together equals me, sick. This at least solves the sleep problem (Tuesday I slept for 16 hours...) but the stress problem sometimes increases because I then stay home worrying about missing classes and having to make up the homework! Perhaps I am the only one with this problem, but I know for a fact that most teenagers struggle with their busy lives in some way or another. If asked by my classmates or teachers why I missed two days of school this week, I will reply, "it was a result of the tragedy of the busy life."

1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

~Only through God can I have such a busy life. My strength is found in Him alone. Thank you Lord for getting me through every trial and struggle. Help me to "cast all anxiety on you" because I know you care for me.

No comments: