Gorgeous yellow flower!

Gorgeous yellow flower!
Picture taken by Bubbly :)

Thursday, May 6, 2010

AP Exams, college "fantasy" and prayer

For whatever reason, (minus my C- physics test) I feel smart. I just scored a 95% on my math test without even doing any of the homework! When my ACT score came back, my mom said on the essay writing part, I got a perfect 12! It's kind of surprising.... all of these confidence builders, but I think I have an idea what God has in mind. You see, tomorrow is the national AP US History Exam. I know nothing about US History. Or at least, I think I don't. Anyway, it's a good idea to try and build up my confidence. Especially considering I got a 45% on my final test....(bringing my grade down a whole letter) :P Why can't I get this history in my head?

Yesterday I was also worrying about college, considering this exam will give me college credit if I score a 4 or higher (no pressure, right?). The college I want to go to, Baylor University, is $41,000 each year! I would probably only get like $12,000 in scholarships. Gradually, that dream is fading from reality into "fantasy." I am so worried about money for college. I mean, I'm sure I could get enough scholarships at smaller, cheaper, private schools to only pay a couple thousand or so for tuition. But do I really want to go there? I know I'll have a great college experience regardless of the location, but a solid education is important. And do I really want to go all the way to Texas, 2,000 miles away from home? With so many questions and no answers yet, I have to do one thing: TRUST GOD.


Prayer is always a good place to start. I know God is faithful, and has a perfect plan for me. The only obstacle is finding out what that plan is. Thankfully, I still have a year to decide. But until then, I will continually pray every day for God to show me His will. I have a feeling, it will partially depend on the money. It will be difficult to not choose the college with the most scholarships, because I don't want to overburden my parents with college loans... or my future for that matter. I'm still a bit rusty on this prayer process. In fact, I'm basically just beginning. But yesterday I read in my devotional that a prayerless life is powerless and a prayerful life is powerful. Even though I'm inexperienced, I believe that with all my heart. God's power is truly revealed through prayer. That constant communication with God is so necessary to experience His glory. He can bring peace to relieve my worries. He can give me hope in His perfect plan. He can help me have faith in Him through everything.


Hebrews 3:6 (NIV)

"But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast."

Romans 8:5-6 (NIV)

"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."

I am so thankful that God listens to me and genuinely cares for me. I can't wait to see where this road through prayer takes me! So I will patiently wait for God's power to consume my life. Let His will be done.


-History cartoon from Google... I guess that's one reason US History is important, but regardless, I would much rather spend my time writing, reading, and doing language artsy things. ;)

No comments: