Gorgeous yellow flower!

Gorgeous yellow flower!
Picture taken by Bubbly :)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dreaming...


Lately I've been daydreaming about the future. The typical teenager dreams: college, careers... and of course boys. ;) Anyway, I'm going to college for a week this summer! It's through Baylor University's "Renaissance Scholar" program. Baylor is my DREAM college. Although it seems unlikely to become reality because of the high cost: $41,000! Either way, going to it for a week will let me get a taste of real college life, and of Baylor. The only downside is, it costs a lot of money also! And since I don't live in Texas, there's an extra $500 in airplane tickets. My parents are making me pay for that, which is challenging for a teenage girl who works at a grocery store. That part really scares me and I don't even know if I'll like the classes I'm taking (computer science, engineering, literature, philosophy, etc.). I got so stressed that I started crying - which seems like the only response I ever have for anything that goes wrong in my life. This time, I laid in my bed and decided to pray about it. I just asked God to give me some direction and peace. I was so frustrated that I was doubting if He would help me. Well He gave me wisdom and advice from my mother, and PEACE with the situation. Honestly, it's like God just cleared my mind of chaos and placed logical thoughts inside my head, and some wisdom to rationalize my decision. I'm still not 100% sure if it's His will, but I feel like He brought it to me for a reason. I know I'll attain a valuable experience and give God the glory with all of the talents and abilities He's given me.

I'm going to keep it short and sweet today...

Ecclesiastes 5:7 (NIV)

"Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore stand in awe of God."

When I typed "dream" into Biblegateway.com, I didn't expect to find this! For a talkative daydreamer like me, this verse applies directly to me. I've also been dreaming about my future career and what I'm supposed to do with the rest of my life. Honestly, I see where this verse is coming from. Dreaming doesn't actually accomplish anything. It's futile - and that's what Ecclesiastes is all about - the futility of life. But I also believe that God can make dreams come true! With His wisdom and guidance, I will find peace about my past, present, and future.

-Photo taken by Bubbly :) It's actually a picture I took when I visited Baylor University during Spring Break. Isn't this fountain so awesome? It even has a Bible verse on it! The campus is the most beautiful one I've ever seen in my life! ;) It's very difficult not to dream...

No comments: